Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kitten is ready for the AT!

One year ago today, I stepped foot on Springer Mountain and began my thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. In honor of this glorious anniversary, I present to you REI's April Fool's Day contribution:
 
 


As expected, I dearly miss the trail and think about my hike constantly. One thing that helps is reading blogs from this year's crop of thru hikers. I have several blogs that I’m reading and it has been so fun to read about their first couple of weeks. I love seeing the different attitudes and perspectives each hiker has while experiencing the same trail. While I'm rooting for all of them, there are sure to be some that don't finish. Husband and I may or may not have some bets going on, creating our own Fantasy Thru Hike.

If you’re interested in following along, see this list I've compiled on my personal blog.

The only cure for thru hiker fever is to plan another one, right? PCT 2013 anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment