Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pinterest Masterpieces aka WTF THIS ISN'T REAL FOOD

I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest. I love finding new recipes. I hate logging on for a minute and finding myself craving a rich dessert immediately. I love seeing witty posters and word art other people pin. I hate feeling like I'm wasting time scrolling through a jumble of makeup tutorials and meticulous wedding ideas. I love getting quick workout ideas. I hate the "5 minutes to flat abs!" captions.

What mostly makes me laugh, more than a picture of a cat with a funny caption, is when I see someone pin "clean eating ideas!" and "10 moves to shed pounds fast!" followed directly by a recipe for a sugary processed dessert monstrosity.

Why? Why would you submit yourself to this?



Please no. "But it's sooo good!" Of COURSE it tastes good. Look at it. YOU CAN'T EAT ALL THE THINGS.


None of this is even real food. So you want cheesy bread? Sure, go use some wheat dough and some real cheese. But this? This isn't food.

 
Caption: "Candy corn stuck in cookie dough center for candy corn on the cob!"


 
 
Just remember, friends don't let friends eat chemicals pretending to be food.

No comments:

Post a Comment