Thursday, December 9, 2010

saturday fatterday ride to suncrest

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Husband and I participated in a group ride with Epic Biking. The "Saturday Fatterday Ride" went from the cycling shop in Saratoga Springs to the the Suncrest  development in Draper and back.

It was COLD.  And I solved my dilemma of only having cycling shorts! I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on cycling tights, so I used the spandex capris I wear to work out in all the time and added $2 knee length socks from Target. Who needs to spend all that money on new pants or cycling socks?

Only a few people showed but we had a great time with them. One of the store owners had a helmet cam on, and the raw footage can be found here on on youtube. (Not that it's exciting to watch  beginning to end.... but if you're dying to see what Utah cycling looks like, then go for it. Mountains and all.) Epic Biking had hot chocolate waiting for us back at the store.. normally I don't believe in liquid calories, but it was perfect for the weather.

Topo Map:



Not too often you get to see 3 miles of 6-7% grade. But, what comes up, most come down! Anyone who hasn't experienced going 35mph on a bike for a couple miles hasn't lived.

The road leading up to the Suncrest housing development (the steep hill) is wide and does not have many cars on it. It has an open view to the mountains and makes for a great climb and descent! I think we'll be adding this to our route repertoire.



Thanks, Epic Biking of Saratoga Springs, UT!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great ride! I had a Cam on the bike itself during it. It was fun meeting you guys :)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete